segunda-feira, 30 de maio de 2011

Read My Mind

I scream aloud
as I wait for your response
That is not coming
That I can’t provide
But why do I insist
If I know that you ain’t right
If I know that your words
will crash me as I hide
And why can’t I just find God?

You wanted your script
To be written so fast
How could you imagine
There was nothing I could do
And if you have the right to
Having me shut up
I’ll keep my mouth
The way you never had it before
And why can’t I just be quiet?

You make my sins seem worst
Flaws you never had
You are so intense
When you want to make me fail
I know what I do
I know why they complain
And you never need to point
That same old past again
And why can’t I just forget?

I had your life
in my hands during a while
Why was I so kind
to let you go from my domain
And you use and abuse
from the things you had the chance to get
But I swear to God
you will never see my thunder face again
And why can’t I just lie to you?

You make me feel
like an ugly scar
But you never realised
the ugly thing you are
I look into your eyes
and hate is all I send
We grow apart each day
As I grow out of my growing pains
And why can’t you just read my mind?

I could be too nice
I could be just like you
but I don’t believe things
are as great as I planned
I know I lost you
and I know I will always lose
but will you ever see
that I was brought up by you?
And why can’t you just read my mind?

(23/04/2002)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário