domingo, 22 de maio de 2011

Thank you

Everywhere I go you follow me in my dreams
But I have a lump my throat
Cause I have listened the words
And the petty rules you gave to me

I don’t mind having to shut up when I see you
But I can’t afford to be killed one more time
Now there’s no chance left of my being here
So I’ve graced you with my presence tonight

You say thank you for not being here
You say thank you for my sorry ass
You say thank you for the huge distance
You said thank you, thank you to me

You have destroyed my hopes and my life
And it is not fair to do it to me
You may never find such strong need
For such unneeded love

You say thank you when you surely need it
You say thank you when you are fed up
You say thank you every time I crash
While I was trying to apoligise to you

I have lived as much damage as you can’t image
You have done such bad things to me
But your miracles are unexpected
You certainly got me confused

You say thank you for your bitter friends
You say thank you when the film ends
You say thank you everywhere I am not
While you pray for my non-existence

Now I leave you in your own nightmare
You did although you didn’t have courage to
You have lost me forever
And do you know what you do?

You say thank you for your fucking nature
You say thank you for my humiliation
You say thank you for my sad loss
But you have never really said thank you to me
Yeah... you have never really said thank you to me


Colwyn Bay, 1998


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário